Monday, August 22, 2011

The Business of Business

I want to advertise "The Shy Cookie" in bridal shows, on wedding planning websites, etc.  So, I'm trying to figure out how to register my "trade/fictitious name" and if I need any type of license.  This is difficult because I will be doing business in VA, DC, and MD and they all have different rules.  VA requires you to register in each county or city which for me would include Fairfax, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Arlington.  It is also difficult to figure out if I need a license since I will be baking in rented kitchens that are already licensed and already have inspections.   Any help/knowledge is MUCH appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I have decided the best thing to do is to secure a rental kitchen and then figure out what I need to do based on that location... My dad is also helping out with a business plan :)

    ReplyDelete