Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rental Kitchen

I talked to a guy today about a rental kitchen.  His business is called "Homemade" and I'm not 100% sure what they do besides renting out their kitchen but they are wholesale only.  Anyway, he told me if I want to start my own business, I need to get a business license, a food handling license, a safety inspection, etc.  OR, he said I can still do what I want to do and work under his company and use their licenses.  However, I am not sure what this will mean for advertising as "The Shy Cookie".  He also said he can give me access to wholesale ingredients by adding whatever I need to his usual order... another plus.

Ben and I are going over to look at the kitchen tomorrow morning.  I need to get some business before I will even be able to use the place.  I was also thinking about baking as much stuff as I can in 4 hours (that's their minimum rental time) and taking it to the farmers' market to see what happens. hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment