Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Recipes

I decided to start trying new cake recipes with all of this free I have.  Yesterday I made a yellow cake with butter and butter milk (can't be good for you).  This was my first time baking at my new apartment so I discovered my gas oven bakes hot; the cupcakes were a little over-done in only about 10 minutes.

I also ran out of space in my cupcake pans so I used paper liners by "cupcake creations" that I got at Hobby Lobby a while ago.  They say on the package "...there is no muffin pan necessary when using these baking papers".  Having tried this before with regular cupcake liners, and making a HUGE mess, I did not believe them for a second.  They also say "...grease proof" meaning they will keep their color.  Again, I didn't really believe it because the only liners I have seen that keep their color are coated with foil on the inside and these were not.

Much to my surprise, they really did work without a pan and they did keep their color after baking them.  I would love to have more of these if you're trying to think of a good Christmas present for me :-D


So, the yellow cake turned out alright.. I think it would be better if they were baked a little less (the hot oven thing really caught me off guard).  I sent them to work with Ben to see what the taste-testers have to say.

The recipe I would really like to perfect before Thanksgiving is pumpkin cheesecake.  I think I can sell a lot of pumpkin and pecan pies at the farmers' market in November and the pumpkin cheesecake would be a great addition.  Now that I have a place to bake, the next step is getting a spot at a market!

No comments:

Post a Comment