Monday, September 5, 2011

Cake Pops! (Day 1)

One of my former students reminded me today that I have been meaning to make some oh-so-trendy cake pops to keep up with the times, so here we go...

Most of the "easy" recipes I have seen require a box mix and a can of icing, but I'm going with the "from scratch" method.

To start out, you have to bake a cake and I am experimenting with another new recipe. The recipe I decided to try is the "Perfectly Chocolate" chocolate cake on the back of the Hersey's cocoa container. I figure "Since 1894" they must have perfected the chocolate cake by now.


I like this recipe because it is very easy and requires no heating or melting of chocolate.  You just have to add a cup of boiling water but you can stick that in the microwave.  The cake turned out light, fluffy, moist, and oober-delicious.  It looks as though I was correct with my assumption.

The cake has to cool before making the pops, I and I don't have everything I need to decorate them, so I will continue this adventure tomorrow after a trip to Michaels ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment