Friday, September 23, 2011

Cookies cookies everywhere

I got my first real order for 50 baby-shower cookies from a girl at Ben's company.

There were a few things I learned: 1) a batch of cookie dough makes about 3-dozen cookies, so make a batch and a half for 50 cookies 2) The price I came up with is right, I will no longer under-value my time; these were very labor intensive 3) No matter how much my hand hurts from squeezing, don't let Ben decorate any cookies; it's harder than it looks 4) Chocolate flavored fondant actually tastes good 5) Making cookies is fun! ...well, I already knew that one.

The baby shower colors were brown and purple and I was sure I could find ribbon to match but Michael's and Jo-Anne fabrics had pink&brown, blue&brown, yellow&brown, orange&brown, green&brown but absolutely NO purple&brown!  So, I just got purple ribbon and brown ribbon...

I thought the finished product looked quite trendy and the place to sell trendy things is, of course, Etsy.  So, everyone can now buy custom decorated cookies from "The Shy Cookie" on Etsy and I will ship them to you! Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment