Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cake Pops! (Day 2)

After the cake cooled, the next step is to DESTROY the cake!  This is the only time a cake decorator will not have a heart attack when a cake is turned into crumbs.  Then, you add icing to the crumbs, form them into balls, and stick sticks in them.  I put the cake pops in the freezer at this point.

The next step it to dip the cake pops and add sprinkles or decorate them however you want.  I just rolled mine in sprinkles and, since I wasn't really making them for anyone, I made them to match my wedding colors...

Next time I make these I will make them smaller, the amount of cake I used was too heavy for the stick.  I would also like to try decorating them in different ways!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! Looks great! What do you dip the cake pops in before you do the sprinkles? I wanna try! Seems fairly... uncomplicated?? =)

    ReplyDelete